- Personal information we collect
When you visit our site, we record data such as frequency of use, date and time of access, when you view, or click on specific content, as well as what your content preferences are.
When you log into our site, read our e-mails and Internet protocol (IP) addresses, information is stored that makes it possible to identify you and register your use of the Platform.
Please be advised that no decisions are made by us based on profiles, except for the purposes of personalization of advertisements and legitimate prevention of internet fraud, circumstances in which the law recognizes a legitimate interest in data processing.
We also have access to some information provided by third parties through other platforms, for example when you register via Facebook or similar technologies. This information may include personal text or images available on an external website.
Algar S/A, as the Data Handling Party, will handle your personal data for the following purposes:
- Manage your registration as a user of the platform, aiming at your identification to grant you access to the services available for registered users;
- To make contact via e-mail about updates or information related to features, products or services and updates, provided that they are necessary or reasonable;
- Emit response to any request or inquiry made through the customer service channels, available on our page;
- Use your information to generate de-identified and embedded data. For example, to generate statistics about users, their jobs or areas of expertise, number of impressions or clicks on a specific project, or visitor demographics.
For security reasons, using this feature may require you to change your password. Be aware, as access security also depends on the correct use and storage of confidential passwords.
- Data usage
In order to improve our services, know that personal information related to your interests and preferences can be used by Algar S/A for analysis purposes, user profiles, marketing studies, quality surveys and improvement in the interaction with our users.
If you expressly allow, your personal data may be used to provide personalized advertising of our products and services, which will be presented via e-mail or other means of electronic communication, by us or third-party collaborators.
You may cancel your notifications by following the instructions in each communication you receive.
- Data retention period
Your personal data will be kept for as long as we maintain a valid contractual relationship and thereafter for the period determined for any obligations arising from the data processing or as established by law.
Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)
- Who gets their data
- Service Providers: to provide services on our behalf or to help us provide our services. To provide marketing, advertising, communication, infrastructure and IT services, customize and improve our services, provide customer service, analyze and improve data (such as data about user interaction with our services), process and manage satisfaction surveys. For efficiency, these partners and providers may be based in the US or other countries, or territories outside the European Economic Area, and may not have a level of data protection comparable to that of your country or the European Union.
- Data Protection Rights
As the Responsible Data Handling Party, we are committed to respecting the confidential nature of your personal data and ensuring the full exercise of these rights. These are rights guaranteed to you in data protection:
- Right of access: the holder of the data processed, i.e. you, has the right to confirm whether we are processing your personal data and, if we are, you have the right to obtain a copy of this data and other information concerning the handling, the recipients, the retention period, and the source collecting it, if not provided by you, among others;
- Right to amend: it is the right granted to you to have inaccurate data rectified and incomplete information changed, in addition to being guaranteed to verify the authenticity of the data being processed;
- Right to delete: by means of this right, you can also impose the deletion of your data, without undue delay, if they are being improperly and unlawfully manipulated or if the purpose for which they were used or collected has ceased to exist, except for the exercise of expression and information, compliance with a legal order, postulation or defense in legal proceedings, public interest of public health and for scientific or historical research purposes or for statistical purposes;
- Right to limitation of handling: You have the right to request that the suspension of the processing of your information is unlawful or the accuracy of the data has been challenged;
- Right to object: you are also assured the right to object to the handling of your data when it is used for direct marketing purposes or when the processing is terminated due to particular situation, except where there is legitimate interest or it is necessary for the exercise or defense of claims;
- Right not to be subject to personalised decisions: you have the right not to be subject to decision exclusively based on the automated processing of your data, including profiling, with legally binding effects or affecting you, subject to the exceptions provided by law, such as when necessary for the performance of a contract between the data subject and the data controller, or if you have expressly authorized it;
- Right of portability: refers to the right to receive the personal information concerning you that you have provided to us or to another person responsible for processing the same, as well as the possibility of transmitting this data directly to another person responsible, without the last person responsible to whom the personal data have been entrusted being able to prevent this, provided that the processing of this information is lawful, is necessary for the performance or diligence of a contract, has been processed, with express permission, under special categories provided for by law and that it is carried out by automated means;
- Right to transparency: this right aims that there is transparency and accuracy of information or communications intended for you or the general public, related to the purpose of the use and processing of such personal data, as well as that they are easily accessible and understandable, and formulated in clear and simple language. The information will be provided in writing or by electronic means. If you wish, the information may also be provided orally, provided that you identify yourself;
- Privacy of children’s data: when the direct offers of information services and the processing of data concern or are directed to children, under 16 years of age, will only be considered lawful and possible if there is the consent of parents or legal guardians.